Oceanic Communications Limited (OCL/Oceanic) was established as a joint venture between Oceanic Holdings International Limited (OHIL) a New Zealand based company and Facey Europe Ltd (Facey). The joint shareholders manage combined revenues in excess of USD$1.3 billion, have operations that span over 30 countries and over 3,000 staff, with core interests in sales, warehousing and distribution of telecommunications, IT and computer hardware, FMCG and pharmaceuticals. The group purchases and distributes mobile phones and mobile CPE of over USD$400m annually.
Oceanic was established in 2007 with the initial goal of bringing improved mobile phone and communication services to the people of the South Pacific. Oceanic’s complementary strengths and unmatched knowledge of the region allow for a unique approach to distribution, logistics and sales in a challenging but rewarding environment. The Oceanic head office is in Wellington, New Zealand.
First operations commenced in early 2007 in Samoa, quickly followed by Papua New Guinea. In 2008 expansion continued with new operations launched in Tonga and Vanuatu early in the year, followed by Fiji. The year 2009 brought further challenges with rollout of the Electronic Voucher Distribution platform into all existing markets. Late in late 2010 Oceanic launched Electronic Voucher Distribution in the Cook Islands for BlueSky Cook Islands.
Oceanic and its partners have experience across the Caribbean, Central America and the Pacific in both recharge card and direct top up services. Oceanic has the capability and demonstrated expertise to manage end to end; the prospecting, signing up, training, merchandising, and day to day and ongoing management and growth of the sub distributor and/or reseller channel and to settle top up with mobile network operators.
The Group operates multiple systems in 36 countries in different regions around the world, and has considerable and proven experience in the deployment, rollout and management of (Electronic) Direct Top Up as well as payments handling and what it takes to make them a success. This experience includes a long list of prepaid billing platform integrations, support of many types of messaging confirmations and more.
Oceanic Holdings International – Key Facts at a Glance
- Address: L10 The iCentre, 50 Manners Street, Wellington
- Private Company
- 6 Countries
- Background in telecommunications, logistics, and distribution and fishing
Turnover in excess NZ$130M Subsidiary Companies:
- Oceanic Communications Ltd – Distribution, Channel Management, eVending and Distributorships
- Top-Up NZ Ltd - Electronic prepaid platform
- Oceanic Logistics Ltd - Logistics & freight with a focus on the Pacific
Facey Europe Ltd – Key facts at a Glance
- Address: Point Seraphine, Castries, St Lucia, West Indies
- Private company
- 18 Countries
- Turnover in excess of US$1bn p.a.
- Over 3000 staff
- Sells 6 million handsets p.a.
- Exclusive distributor for O2 Ireland
- Exclusive Xerox distributor in 10 countries
- Kraft, Ovaltine
- Pfizer, Roche
OCL/Oceanic – Key facts at a Glance
Oceanic Communications specialises in distribution, logistics, sales & cash management across New Zealand and the Pacific. Key facts include:
- Employs over 250 permanent and casual staff, thirty within NZ and 220 across the Pacific in offices and operations in New Zealand (2); PNG, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji and Vanuatu
- Since its origins, has procured, shipped, warehoused, fulfilled and distributed over 5 million mobile handsets in the region
- Manages the distribution of mobile top-up airtime, both physical and electronic, generating over 3 million electronic prepaid transactions a month, while handling daily cash volumes and payments in excess of $NZ 1.2 million
- Reaches more than 3.7 million subscribers across the Pacific and touches directly or indirectly 20,000 dealers/agents/resellers across the region, of whom around 50% have an electronic (airtime) top up capability.
- Finds and manages key channel relationships across the region with multiple retailers from small family owned to large retailers and wholesalers including:
- SVS, Papindo, RH, Seeto Kui, Prouds, BP, Mobil, Carpenters, MH Supermarkets, RB Patel, Frankies, Farma Jo, Au Bon Marche, HXM, Post PNG, VPL, Post Fiji, Woolworths, Dick Smith, The Warehouse, Noel Leeming, Warehouse Stationery
Maintains Supply Agreements With:
- Digicel Pacific
- Telecom Cook Islands
- Other Telecom operators
- 19 offices, 12 warehouses, 250+ staff
Operates Product Distributorships for:
Purchases and Distributes Mobile CPE through:
- Brings the electronic voucher and payments platform and manages electronic voucher distribution (EVD), channels and systems providing voucher based or voucher-less top up or payment solutions through close to 10,000 resellers across the Pacific
- Provides online customised orders and custom fulfilment
- High-capacity server solutions in three markets processing over 3.5million transactions per month